Our Commitment. We try to be respectful of privacy. This does not mean that no information is received or disclosed. We understand you may care about personal information you provide us. This Policy provides information about how we try to handle that information.
Your Consent. By visiting our website, using our website, submitting a message and or application to us, providing us personal information, inquiring to us, creating an, or communicating with us, you accept and consent to the terms of this Policy and to our receipt, collection and use of personal information about you. If there is information you do not wish to consent to our receipt, collection or use of, you have the ability to avoid taking, and you should not take, the actions described above.
What Information is Collected. Cherokee Shores Owners Association may obtain, store, and use the following personally identifiable information (“Your Information”):
- Information you provide us by using our website, filling in forms on our site, speaking to us by phone, or communicating to us any other way. Some examples of information we collect are your name, address, email address, phone.
- If you contact us, or respond to contact from us, we could keep a record or copy of the communication, like a note, copy or recording of a written or oral communication.
- If you post or tag us on our social media channel, message board or forum, we could collect user details, feedback, comments and photos.
- We could collect information about your visits to, browsing, and use of our site. Information could include: your IP address (unique identifier of your device); type of device (smartphone, smart television, tablet, pc, etc.); browser (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Android Browser); operating system (e.g., Windows Phone, OS X, iOS, Windows, Android, Linux); time-zone; browser plug-ins; web-page you came from; cookies, log-in/logout history; page response times; download error; pages and parts of pages you visit; your inquiries, searches and other actions in our site; Filling in forms and submitting applications . This could be retained and used with reference to you or aggregated with data from others for analytic purposes.
- We collect any information you enter on our site, or that you give us in any other way. We may also collect IP address. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our products, services and features.
How We Collect or Generate Your Personal Information. We may collect or generate personal information concerning you in various ways:
- By you visiting and using our website, you or your device may provide personal information. This could include information automatically provided and possibly recorded about your interaction with our site; information we capture or place on your device or generate using cookies or other technologies; and information you input into forms on our site.
- By you emailing, phoning or texting us you may provide personal information, also including your email address and phone number. We may record or make notes of calls or both.
- By you posting or tagging us on our social media channel, message board or forum.
- We and suppliers, contractors or subcontractors may generate or create information relating to you through analysis of information about you or obtained from your use of our site or transactions with us or through study or analysis of information provided to or obtained by us.
- By submitting content to our website, social media channel, message board or forum whether by email, postings on our website or otherwise, including any review, question, comment, suggestion, idea, photo or the like contained in any submission (collectively, “Submissions”), you grant us and our affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right, permission and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform each Submission throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and to use the name that you submit in connection with the Submission.
How We Use Your Information. Some ways we use personal information from you are to:
- administer our business activity;
- respond to requests, or comments you make to us, customize advertising and content you see, contact you, and conduct research;
- tell you about changes to our Site, new products, or special offers;
- better understand your needs and how we can improve our websites, products, and services;
- contact you; or respond to an inquiry, job inquiry, or application you submit;
- respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- track number of visitors to our site, number of visitors to each page of the site, and domain names of visitors’ internet service providers. So far as we are aware, no personally identifiable information is used in this process.
- help third parties who help us host, provide, operate or supply any part of, or service for, our site, databases, systems, business or services or conduct any of our business functions (including sending mail, processing payments, providing customer and advertising analysis and providing customer service). We may provide your personal information as needed by them to assist us.
- perform legal obligations or voluntarily help authorities, such as providing information in response to a command or request from a government, military, police or judicial authority or private entity acting at the request of or assisting any of the above. For example, we could cooperate with the above in providing information for their investigation of a matter.
We do not intend to sell or rent your information to anyone, other than if our company was ever sold and that information would be part of the sale. We do not intend to share your information with any third party outside of our organization.
Third Party Advertisers. When you browse the internet, third party advertisers and your web browser may collect information. Cherokee Shores Owners Association does not control that information. Cherokee Shores Owners Association may contract third parties, i.e. google to present you with advertising. Those ads may lead you to our site. There are also many occasions when no Cherokee Shores Owners Association ad is generated, but your browsing and searching brings you to the Cherokee Shores Owners Association site. Information collected during that “journey” to our site is not necessarily in our control.
When you arrive at Cherokee Shores Owners Association website or other social media sites, your browsing and visit may be recorded. Once you leave our site(s), you may receive ads based on your browsing history. While we may contract third parties to generate some of those ads, we do not control the information that they use such as browsing history, I.P. address, etc. Further, some ads offered to you after visiting Cherokee Shores Owners Association website and other social platforms may have nothing to do with us, and as such will be out of our control.
Some of the Risks. No system or measures assure full security. Equipment or data could be accessed unlawfully, or otherwise, without our or your consent. Your personal information could be accessed by persons engaged in unlawful or un-consented access and they could transfer your information to others. It is not our policy to allow such access. But we recognize, and you must recognize, these risks. By providing us information you accept these risks.
Your Access to and Control Over Information. You can opt out of future contacts from us. At any time, you can contact us by the email address or phone number below to:
- See what data we have about you, if any. We may not be practically able to identify each and all the different kinds data, however we will have your account information, order history, contact information, shipping information, email and phone number.
- Change/correct data we have about you.
- Have us delete data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences. You can request to have your information edited or deleted.
Opt-Out of Information Sharing. Other information you provide to us or that we obtain from third parties will not be voluntarily and you may notify us by visiting the office during regular business hours.
Please include identifying information such as your name and address as it appears on your order or as entered into our site. Please do not include any other correspondence with this notice. Please note that some forms of sharing may not be possible to avoid on a practical basis (such as sharing in the process of communicating about these matters, or sharing with service providers along lines of electronic communication, or if we were ever acquired by another company).
“Do Not Track” Policy. Our service uses the following tracking methods: Facebook Retargeting, Google AdWords, Google Re-targeting and Google Analytics. Cherokee Shores Owners Association respects your request for privacy. To read in stealth mode, stay logged out.
Third Party Tracking. Third parties collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities on our website.
Cookies. As noted above our Web sites use “cookies,” that is, pieces of information that the computer hosting the site assigns to your computer browser when you access a Web site. Cookies help ensure a more accurate analysis of site usage. For example, our site may set a cookie on your browser that keeps you from needing to remember and enter a password more than once during a visit to the site. Whenever cookies are used, Cherokee Shores Owners Association will not collect personally identifiable information without your permission.
Our platform security systems are designed to proactively block numerous web application attacks issues which may arise. Our rules evolve constantly.
We conduct periodic code reviews and security audits of all internal environments and processes. We partner with third-party, independent security firms to ensure best practice security measures are always in place.
Proper server configuration is vital to securing your web environment. Our software stack includes provisions to ensure optimal performance, including disk write limitations and protection against scripts known to contain vulnerabilities. We also implement PHP tuning to disallow dangerous or insecure commands.
Automatic Information Collection. When you visit a website, you disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. This site, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to our site.
Who Has Access to the Information. Information about our users is important to us. We will not disclose any individually identifiable information to any third party without first receiving that user’s permission.
Methods We Use to Protect Your Information. Cherokee Shores Owners Association use security software to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons.
How You Can Access Your Information. You can request access to all your personally identifiable information by contacting us.
Children. Cherokee Shores Owners Association tries to help protect the privacy of children. This site is not intended for, or designed to attract, children under age 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we know is a child under age 13. If you are under age 18, you may use this website only with permission of your parent or guardian.
WE CANNOT AND DO NOT ASSURE THE ABSOLUTE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION OR THAT THESE POLICIES CAN OR WILL ALWAYS BE ADHERED TO. THESE POLICIES ARE INFORMATIONAL ABOUT HOW WE TRY TO PROTECT PRIVACY AND WHAT WE TRY TO DO. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON US ALWAYS BEING ABLE TO COMPLY WITH THESE POLICIES. WE AND OUR MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO DISCLOSURE OR MISUSE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
Updated: March 21st, 2023
Links to Similar Sites. This Web site contains links to other sites we believe may offer useful information. The policies and procedures we described here do not apply to those sites. We are not responsible for content or privacy practices of other sites. Please be aware when you leave our site. Please read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information Cherokee Shores Owners Association suggests contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy, security, data collection, and distribution policies.